Northern Colorado Sloshball Rules
It's time to brush up on your Sloshball Rules for next Saturday's game! These rules have been created and carried out by My Big Day llc for the past 6 years.
If you haven't signed up to play, be sure to register HERE!
Northern Colorado SloshBall Rules
1) Each team is comprised of roughly 10 -15 players. No 'catcher' is necessary.
2) There are 2 kegs on the field at all times; one at 2nd base and one at home plate.
3) All players both on the field and 'at bat' MUST have a beer in their hand at all times! Fielders may not drop their beer in order to make a play. If a kicker believes that a fielder is playing with an empty cup, the kicker may call a beer check on the fielder. If their cup is empty they must refill and drink. If a fielder makes an out with an empty cup, the runner is safe!
4) Each team elects one of their own players to PITCH TO THEM, thus avoiding conflicts over "bad pitches." Each player gets no more than 3 pitches, regardless of how bad the pitch is.
5) Every player that reaches and stays at 2nd base MUST finish the beer in their cup, then refill while on base. Failure to finish and refill results in an automatic out.
6) The ball is pitched and the receiving team kicks. The bases must be run BACKWARDS (3rd to 1st).
7) Any time a player kicks a HOME RUN - play is halted and his/her entire team is invited to join him/her at 2nd base for a toast. This is known as a "team social."
8) All ties go to the runner. If the call is extremely close, the dispute can be settled by The Commissioner. The Commissioner reserves the right to call for a "Dispute Chug Off" where the dispute is settled at 2nd base by the two players involved.
9) A SloshBall game runs for 45 minutes TOTAL. The home gets to finish out their 'at bat' once time is called.
10) A team must get 3 outs in the field. An 'out' can be made by 1-catching the ball in the air (with your beer in hand), 2-fielding the ball and hitting any runner with it (with your beer in hand), 3-fielding the ball and throwing it to a base where there is a forced out (again with beers in hand), or 4-a 'strike out' (you really suck if you can't kick the ball after 3 pitches!)
11) If at the end of the 45 minute game time there is a tie - additional innings are played one at a time until there is a winning team.
12) The 'home team' is decided by a coin-toss at the beginning of the game.
Comments are closed.
Search our blog
Making Business Personal. We pride ourselves on giving you something to look forward to. We are a connected collective of creatives - owned an operated by outstanding women.
Never miss an event or opportunity. Sign up for our newsletter!
*All content produced by My Big Day; DBA Big Deal Company, including websites, are the property of My Big Day LLC and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, create derivative works, or in any other way exploit any part of our materials without the prior written permission from My Big Day LLC.