My Big Day realizes that when planning an event, you often have many venues to choose from! When interviewing a venue, we can often forget to ask enough questions, or the same questions from each venue.
Below you'll find a list of all the questions you'll need when interviewing your potential event space.
Should you need a customized spreadsheet to help you with all the items that are a priority to YOU, just CONTACT US!
Feel free to download our helpful list of questions below.
My Big Day knows what it's like to host a party... or attend a party, and FEEL it the next day!
When hosting a party-- whether it be a bachelor party, bachelorette party, birthday party, New Years Eve party, a wedding, a sporting event, a Halloween party, etc... feel free to use our helpful list of hangover, or post party recovery essentials!
Put together bags or baggies filled with goodies your guest will appreciate the next day.
Or... if you are an avid party participant, pack your own emergency kit and keep it in your travel bag or car!
Below is our helpful list of essentials.
Feel free to download the My Big Day document and take the list with you!
When the holidays draw near, do you feel the need to reach for a beer?
The relatives are in town, and you are putting in your time with the family...
Well, spike that egg nog, Sparky, grab your favorite moose mug, and play My Big Day's "Christmas Vacation Drinking Game!"
What you will need for this game: an beer, eggnog, wine, or your drink of choice, a santa hat & a single shot of your choice (perhaps a lime jello shot topped with cat food).
* A special thank you to all the versions of this drinking game that exist on the web that allowed us to customize our own--- we appreciate everyone's spirit and love for this movie! : The black sheep online, funtrivia, christmasvacationdrinkinggame.com, drinkinggames.com, poptrivia, pophangover, littlebabygarvin, etc...
A couple AMAZING giveaways just happened across our desk this morning, and we wanted to share with all of our My Big Day followers!
HeidiTown is working with the city of Breckenridge, CO to promote a HUGE giveaway. Estes Park is open! And to inspire traffic, they are promoting a BIG weekend giveaway. Lastly, local florist, Palmer Flowers, are giving away $100 in flowers- now who wouldn't love to give or receive that!?!
My Big Day LOVES bachelorettes and loves to party! Some traditional bachelor and bachelorette party ideas seem tired and a little 'been there, done that.'
Try switching things up a bit and look for fun group activities that a tad un-traditional.
Check out the list below and find a party idea that's right for you and your friends. And if you really need help, contact My Big Day and let us plan the party for you!
The Huffington Post recently published an article called, "9 Things Extremely Successful People Do After Work."
Studies have been done and the most successful people don't go home and turn on the TV, or climb into their pajamas... they unplug by doing a number of things.
Of these 9 things, we found that My Big Day annual events go hand in hand with most of the things successful people do to unplug. So, if you're not partying with My Big Day... you should be! It may increase your success!
9 Things Highly Successful People Do After Work:
Whether you are planning a corporate event, a baby shower, a bridal shower, a birthday party, or a wedding... you have a number of vendors out there to choose from. How to you pick?
While referrals are great, how to you widen your options, and easily narrow down the vendors who you'll trust to pull your event off with grace?
You do your research
You ask them carefully prepared questions
You go with your gut!
Here Are The Top 10 Things You Should Consider When Interviewing Vendors:
1. Will the vendor commit to your budget and not push you in the direction of things you simply can't afford?
2. Will the vendor pay attention to the smallest of details? Are they prompt and articulate? (You can gage these things by their promptness in returning phone calls and emails, showing up for your meetings early or on time, and by giving you more information that you even asked for)
3. Can the vendor give you thoughtful and original ideas, showing that they are not only invested in their industry, but experienced?
4. Is the vendor familiar with multiple florists, photographers, caterers, planners, bands, and DJs in your price range? Can he/she explain their strongpoints to you briefly?
5. Can the vendor score you some discounts with any other vendors, help you negotiate pricing, or in the least, speak of general pricing for other vendors in the industry to help you with your negotiations?
6. Is the vendor legit? Do they have a website, a Facebook page, a Pinterest page, etc? Can you find reviews about their company online? Can they give you a list of referrals?
7. Can the vendor counsel you on industry etiquette matters and speak to hot trends on the horizon?
8. For the day of the event, can the vendor commit to working with only YOU (not juggling multiple clients)?
9. Will the vendor act as your advocate, conveying your visions and desires to others when you don't feel up to the task?
10. PASSION. Does the vendor have it? If you ask them about their favorite part of their job, do their eyes light up? If you ask them to tell you about why they got into the industry, do they have a compelling story they love to tell? If they can’t tell you why they love their job, will they put passion into your Big Day? Probably not.
Note: A professional should have plenty of questions for YOU too. They should easily be able to determine your wishes, needs, level of maintenance, budget, scope of imagination, and more!
My Big Day has thought of writing this article for quite some time... but Colorado Come to Life beat us to it! So, we are cross-posting their clever idea!
Take a look at their top 14 places to steal a kiss in Colorado!
My Big Day will be sure to do a follow-up with more of OUR favorite places to steal a kiss!
More Halloween photos are posted! CLICK HERE
Thanks to all who put so much spirit into their costumes this year!
-My Big Day
Search our blog
Small Business. Big Impact. Always Dreaming Bigger! We pride ourselves on giving you something to look forward to. We are a connected collective of creatives - owned an opperated by outstanding women.