Whether you are planning a corporate event, a baby shower, a bridal shower, a birthday party, or a wedding... you have a number of vendors out there to choose from. How to you pick?
While referrals are great, how to you widen your options, and easily narrow down the vendors who you'll trust to pull your event off with grace?
You do your research
You ask them carefully prepared questions
You go with your gut!
Here Are The Top 10 Things You Should Consider When Interviewing Vendors:
1. Will the vendor commit to your budget and not push you in the direction of things you simply can't afford?
2. Will the vendor pay attention to the smallest of details? Are they prompt and articulate? (You can gage these things by their promptness in returning phone calls and emails, showing up for your meetings early or on time, and by giving you more information that you even asked for)
3. Can the vendor give you thoughtful and original ideas, showing that they are not only invested in their industry, but experienced?
4. Is the vendor familiar with multiple florists, photographers, caterers, planners, bands, and DJs in your price range? Can he/she explain their strongpoints to you briefly?
5. Can the vendor score you some discounts with any other vendors, help you negotiate pricing, or in the least, speak of general pricing for other vendors in the industry to help you with your negotiations?
6. Is the vendor legit? Do they have a website, a Facebook page, a Pinterest page, etc? Can you find reviews about their company online? Can they give you a list of referrals?
7. Can the vendor counsel you on industry etiquette matters and speak to hot trends on the horizon?
8. For the day of the event, can the vendor commit to working with only YOU (not juggling multiple clients)?
9. Will the vendor act as your advocate, conveying your visions and desires to others when you don't feel up to the task?
10. PASSION. Does the vendor have it? If you ask them about their favorite part of their job, do their eyes light up? If you ask them to tell you about why they got into the industry, do they have a compelling story they love to tell? If they can’t tell you why they love their job, will they put passion into your Big Day? Probably not.
Note: A professional should have plenty of questions for YOU too. They should easily be able to determine your wishes, needs, level of maintenance, budget, scope of imagination, and more!
We love a theme. Every party needs one, every event deserves one. Follow us on our journey down the path of creative party planning & exceptional events!