A BIG thank you to the Fort Collins Coloradoan newspaper for their article on Saturday.
My Big Day's owner, Christine Forster was featured as their 'Young Professional' on the front page of the business section.
You can read the article about the My Big Day event planner HERE
News from the Loveland Reporter Herald:
LOVELAND -- The Reporter-Herald is inviting the community to send in "Loveland's Greatest Love Stories: Proposals" for a Valentine's Day feature story.
What made your marriage proposal special or creative?
How far did you go to show your love? Was it funny, unusual or at a Loveland venue?
Email your proposal stories to email@example.com until Wednesday, Feb. 5
Five top picks will be chosen by Reporter-Herald staff members and put to an online vote. The winning couple will be featured in a Valentine's Day story and receive a gift certificate of $50 to The Black Steer Steakhouse.
-My Big Day Events
My Big Day consistently promotes a variety of date nights, because we think entertaining dates keep us young and fun!
And there is nothing we enjoy more than a comedy date!
Add in some booze and you have the PERFECT night out!
That's exactly what "Comedy on the Rocks" is bringing to Denver! 4 hours of laughter and cocktails.
Comedic headliners are Tommy Davidson (of “In Living Color”) and Craig Showmaker, the “Lovemaster.”
A portion of the proceeds goes to Wounded Warrior Impacting Neighbors.
Loveland loves beer.
And we love date nights!
Put them both together and you have Wapiti's fantastic 5 course beer dinner!
For just $43 per person, you can enjoy and amazing five pairings of beer from the Great Divide Brewing and food from Wapiti Pub in Loveland.
To reserve your date night, call 970-635-1985
Space is filling up!
Wapiti Pub is My Big Day approved! Fantastic views, fun atmosphere!
- press release from HeidiTown -
Three Northern Colorado businesses roll out “My Big Date Night,” a Valentine’s Day getaway in Loveland
Loveland, Colorado January 7, 2014 – It’s been the sweetheart city since 1877, and now there is a great reason to make Loveland, Colorado your destination this Valentine’s Day. Three Loveland-based businesses have come together to create My Big Date Night, a package that includes dining, beer and spirit tasting and an overnight stay at one of three local hotels.
"Loveland has been an art destination for years, but we also want people to realize it’s a wonderful Valentine’s Day destination,” said Christine Kovacs Forster, founder of My Big Day Events, LLC, an event planning company in Loveland. Ms. Forster, along with Mechelle Martz-Mayfield, owner of NOCO Short Bus Tours, LLC, a brewery tour service, and Heidi Kerr-Schlaefer, founder of HeidiTown.com, the place for Colorado festival and travel information, came together to create My Big Date Night.
The package is available on February 14th and 15th and again on February 21st and 22nd, with brewery tours available on Fridays and distillery tours available on Saturdays. Each package includes transportation, tasters at each stop and an overnight stay including dinner for two at La Quinta Inn, Best Western or Embassy Suites.
“The prices vary depending on which hotel you choose,” said Martz-Mayfield. “Embassy Suites is offering a decadent meal just for this event, so a stay with them will be more expensive, however, all the versions are affordable at between $226 and $325. There’s even a $150 option with dinner and the brewery or distillery tour only, but our hope is that people will make a weekend out of it and will stay overnight.”
Other package amenities include a gift bag stuffed with offers from local businesses and a cupcake at the end of the night from Be Sweet Cupcakes in downtown Loveland.
“This is about fun and romance in the Sweetheart City,” said Kerr-Schlaefer. “It will be a memorable way for folks from across the Front Range to experience Loveland, and hopefully they will be inspired to come back to experience it again and again.”
My Big Date Night is brought to you by My Big Day, LLC, NOCO Short Bus Tours, LLC and HeidiTown.com, and has been endorsed by Visit Loveland. For more information on the subject matter of the press release call Heidi Kerr-Schlaefer at (970) 213-2354, email TheMayor@HeidiTown.com or go to ValentinesDayinLoveland.com.
We’ve all seen amazing images of beautiful people with the perfect setting and perfect lighting in a stunning shot.
Pinterest has given us all sorts of ideas for creative photos, but how do you ensure you get the right professional for your BIG day?
We have all the questions and tips for you to weed through the never-ending list of potential photographers and get the professional you deserve.
Potential Wedding Photographer Questions:
1. What is your style of photography? Traditional, Artistic, Natural Light, Photojournalism, Illustrative, etc.
2. How many events have you shot in your career?
3. How did you get into Photography? (They should be able to give you a verbal resume)
4. Have you ever shot at our venue? If they haven’t, ask them to go do a site visit.
5. Do you bring in your own lighting? The answer should be a resounding, Yes! If they do not expect a detailed answer as to why they work without their own lighting.
6. How many events will you shoot on the day of our event?
7. Can I request certain images are taken at the wedding? If yes, ask how they will ensure to capture these images.
8. How many hours are included in your package?
9. How much does an additional hour of coverage cost?
10. Do you bring a second shooter? Depending on the event, a second shooter can be crucial to capture all the important moments.
11. How many images can I expect to see from my event? On average photographers take between 1,200 and 1,500 images at your event but that doesn’t mean you will see all of those! You can plan to see anywhere from 150 to 400 images from your event, depending on its length.
12. Do you have a limit to the amount of images you will edit? The answer to this should be “No”.
13. How long does it take to see the proofs from my wedding?
14. Do I receive a disc of images or do I have to order all prints through you?
15. How much are prints?
16. Is an album included? If so, ask to see a sample of the album.
17. Will you use my images in any advertising?
18. What will you and your second shooter wear?
19. What is your plan if you are ill or there is an emergency and you can’t photograph my wedding?
20. How much is the deposit?
21. When is the balance due?
22. What is your cancellation policy?
23. As with any vendor… PASSION. Does the photographer have it? If you ask them about their favorite part of their job, do their eyes light up? If you ask them to tell you about why they got into the industry, do they have a compelling story they love to tell? If they can’t tell you why they love their job, will they put passion into your Big Day? Probably not.
-My Big Day Events
My Big Day Events has partnered with NoCo Short Bus Tours and HeidiTown to put on a spectacular Valentine's Day date night... actually, date NIGHTS!
Over the weekend of February 14th and 15th, and again February 21st and 22nd we will be hosting 12 BIG tour packages in Loveland, CO!
These packages were designed for FUN people who are looking for an all-inclusive date night packed with a number of unique Loveland experiences!
WOW! What an AMAZING New Year's Party!
Thank you for all the extremely spirited people who made the night everything we'd hoped it would be!
My Big Day must thank the following businesses for making our night spectacular:
"Glitter Kisses" were a HUGE hit!
Our birthday girl was completely SURPRISED!
Our guests ROCKED our games!
More photos are posted HERE
Search our blog
Small Business. Big Impact. Always Dreaming Bigger! We pride ourselves on giving you something to look forward to. We are a connected collective of creatives - owned an opperated by outstanding women.