We’ve all seen amazing images of beautiful people with the perfect setting and perfect lighting in a stunning shot.
Pinterest has given us all sorts of ideas for creative photos, but how do you ensure you get the right professional for your BIG day?
We have all the questions and tips for you to weed through the never-ending list of potential photographers and get the professional you deserve.
Potential Wedding Photographer Questions:
1. What is your style of photography? Traditional, Artistic, Natural Light, Photojournalism, Illustrative, etc.
2. How many events have you shot in your career?
3. How did you get into Photography? (They should be able to give you a verbal resume)
4. Have you ever shot at our venue? If they haven’t, ask them to go do a site visit.
5. Do you bring in your own lighting? The answer should be a resounding, Yes! If they do not expect a detailed answer as to why they work without their own lighting.
6. How many events will you shoot on the day of our event?
7. Can I request certain images are taken at the wedding? If yes, ask how they will ensure to capture these images.
8. How many hours are included in your package?
9. How much does an additional hour of coverage cost?
10. Do you bring a second shooter? Depending on the event, a second shooter can be crucial to capture all the important moments.
11. How many images can I expect to see from my event? On average photographers take between 1,200 and 1,500 images at your event but that doesn’t mean you will see all of those! You can plan to see anywhere from 150 to 400 images from your event, depending on its length.
12. Do you have a limit to the amount of images you will edit? The answer to this should be “No”.
13. How long does it take to see the proofs from my wedding?
14. Do I receive a disc of images or do I have to order all prints through you?
15. How much are prints?
16. Is an album included? If so, ask to see a sample of the album.
17. Will you use my images in any advertising?
18. What will you and your second shooter wear?
19. What is your plan if you are ill or there is an emergency and you can’t photograph my wedding?
20. How much is the deposit?
21. When is the balance due?
22. What is your cancellation policy?
23. As with any vendor… PASSION. Does the photographer have it? If you ask them about their favorite part of their job, do their eyes light up? If you ask them to tell you about why they got into the industry, do they have a compelling story they love to tell? If they can’t tell you why they love their job, will they put passion into your Big Day? Probably not.
-My Big Day Events
Search our blog
Making Business Personal. We pride ourselves on giving you something to look forward to. We are a connected collective of creatives - owned an operated by outstanding women.
Never miss an event or opportunity. Sign up for our newsletter!
*All content produced by My Big Day; DBA Big Deal Company, including websites, are the property of My Big Day LLC and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, create derivative works, or in any other way exploit any part of our materials without the prior written permission from My Big Day LLC.