- by Randi Juric
DIY is hot and we are all very aware. The rising trend in DIY currently is Pinterest parties. Women are getting together bringing supplies and having what’s called 'Make Days' aka Pinterest parties. They are making their own crafts, beauty products, and health remedies. This is such a fun and creative way to get together or get to know someone.
This is also great for kiddos and keeping them entertained at parties. DIY kids’ parties have become very popular as well. They can make their own chalks or toys even costumes to use at the party immediately. Kids and parents alike are loving this. It is such a fun way to teach lessons and creativity.
Easy Steps to Host a Pinterst Party:
You and your friends create a group craft board on Pinterest, where everyone adds pins of crafts they'd like to make.
You can do this part one of two ways...
OPTION 1: The host picks one or two simple crafts off of the group board and purchases the supplies so everyone can make them during the party.
OPTION 2: Each guest picks a craft off of the board she'd like to make, and brings enough supplies for 4 guests, including herself. Names are pulled out of a hat to decide which craft goes with which guest. By the end of the evening, every guest gets to make 4 crafts. **Remind your guests that the crafts they choose should not take more than a half hour to complete, or you'll be there all night. :)
FOOD Make the party a "Pinterest potluck" and asks your guest to bring a dish they found on Pinterest.
by Jessica Weimer
When planning a wedding, most brides first thought doesn’t always go to favors. Usually it’s the dress or the décor or the amazing food they plan on having. But favors are not something to be overlooked, especially nowadays when favors can be so fun and creative! No more with the old school bag of candy coated almonds that used to be the expected favor. Now thanks to Pinterest, and all the crafters out there, you can make your favors as memorable as your wedding. These are My Big Day's Top 5 favorite creative ideas for wedding favors - whether it is a DIY project for you and your bridesmaids or something customized your guests can enjoy for years to come.
There you have it! Our Top 5 Favorite Wedding Favors!
Now as you plan your wedding you have some great options of really great wedding favors that guests will remember and be very impressed with!
If you are looking for more wedding inspiration visit our Pinterest page at
-My Big Day Company
Are you obsessed with Pinterest like we are?
The My Big Day team has TONS of fun party ideas on our joint Pinterest page!
Check out and 'follow' fun boards like "Party Appetizers" "Anniversary Parties" "Girls Night" Party Invitations" "80's Party" "Retirement Party" "Movie Themed Weddings" and more!!!!
The Huffington Post posted a fantastic article on things you shouldn't do after you get engaged. Writer, Sandy Malone hit the nail on the head!
From house hunting, to wedding gown shopping and to time spend on Pinterest, to wedding weight loss ... we 100% agree with Sandy's observations.
If you are a bride, or have a friend who is engaged, do her a favor, and send her this article!
CLICK HERE for the article on 10 Things You Should NOT Do After You Get Engaged.
You'll thank us for it!
-My Big Day Events
A big, chocolate-covered thank you to all our Pinterest and Blog followers!
Our Pinterest page, and blog posts have been blowing up!
We're happy to know that our social media has taken off.
Keep following My Big Day for more on:
When the holidays draw near, do you feel the need to reach for a beer?
The relatives are in town, and you are putting in your time with the family...
Well, spike that egg nog, Sparky, grab your favorite moose mug, and play My Big Day's "Christmas Vacation Drinking Game!"
What you will need for this game: an beer, eggnog, wine, or your drink of choice, a santa hat & a single shot of your choice (perhaps a lime jello shot topped with cat food).
* A special thank you to all the versions of this drinking game that exist on the web that allowed us to customize our own--- we appreciate everyone's spirit and love for this movie! : The black sheep online, funtrivia, christmasvacationdrinkinggame.com, drinkinggames.com, poptrivia, pophangover, littlebabygarvin, etc...
Whether you are planning a corporate event, a baby shower, a bridal shower, a birthday party, or a wedding... you have a number of vendors out there to choose from. How to you pick?
While referrals are great, how to you widen your options, and easily narrow down the vendors who you'll trust to pull your event off with grace?
You do your research
You ask them carefully prepared questions
You go with your gut!
Here Are The Top 10 Things You Should Consider When Interviewing Vendors:
1. Will the vendor commit to your budget and not push you in the direction of things you simply can't afford?
2. Will the vendor pay attention to the smallest of details? Are they prompt and articulate? (You can gage these things by their promptness in returning phone calls and emails, showing up for your meetings early or on time, and by giving you more information that you even asked for)
3. Can the vendor give you thoughtful and original ideas, showing that they are not only invested in their industry, but experienced?
4. Is the vendor familiar with multiple florists, photographers, caterers, planners, bands, and DJs in your price range? Can he/she explain their strongpoints to you briefly?
5. Can the vendor score you some discounts with any other vendors, help you negotiate pricing, or in the least, speak of general pricing for other vendors in the industry to help you with your negotiations?
6. Is the vendor legit? Do they have a website, a Facebook page, a Pinterest page, etc? Can you find reviews about their company online? Can they give you a list of referrals?
7. Can the vendor counsel you on industry etiquette matters and speak to hot trends on the horizon?
8. For the day of the event, can the vendor commit to working with only YOU (not juggling multiple clients)?
9. Will the vendor act as your advocate, conveying your visions and desires to others when you don't feel up to the task?
10. PASSION. Does the vendor have it? If you ask them about their favorite part of their job, do their eyes light up? If you ask them to tell you about why they got into the industry, do they have a compelling story they love to tell? If they can’t tell you why they love their job, will they put passion into your Big Day? Probably not.
Note: A professional should have plenty of questions for YOU too. They should easily be able to determine your wishes, needs, level of maintenance, budget, scope of imagination, and more!
Quite regularly we get asked about private event space rentals up and down the front range. I try to write about as many venues as possible, and post them to the My Big Day Pinterest page.
Yesterday I just learned of a perfect space in Downtown Loveland, CO that seats about 30... perfect for meetings, parties, clubs, small receptions, baby showers, birthdays, etc! And the best part, they only charge $25 an hour to rent the space!
Oh wait, the better part is that it's INSIDE of a cupcake shop!
B Sweet Cupcakes is a gem in Downtown Loveland. I only wish I had known of this space earlier!
The space is a private room, tables, chairs, private bathroom access, etc. It's quiet and smells like cupcakes. Need I say more?
B Sweet Cupcakes
Location: 425 E. 4th Street, Loveland, Colorado 80537
Phone #: 970-430-7073 or 970-532-2680
Well, Sloshball only ended just days ago...and here we are talking about Halloween. Can you believe it's right around the corner?!?
While we're waiting for our Sloshball photos to be released from the photographer, we figured it's time to start brainstorming on Halloween costume ideas.
This year My Big Day is hosting a huge 1980's themed Halloween Party called, "Slash-back to the 80's!"
You can expect the typical My Big Day event: Music, fun people, costumes, cocktails, prizes, surprises, etc... The party will be held in Northern Colorado, most likely Fort Collins. Details coming soon!
What we are hoping to hear from you are ideas on the BEST 1980's Halloween costumes. Music, Movies, TV Shows, Games, Commercials, etc... Post them here, or send us a photo. We'll add your ideas to the My Big Day Halloween Pinterest Page: CLICK HERE
2013 marks the 5th year of Kovacs' Annual Easter Keg Hunt. Over the years the event has grown and grown! Last year teams were even more spirited than ever! So this year, now that the event is well established, we are encouraging teams to go all out with their 'Bunny Wear'.
Team t-shirts, hats, matching colors... the more unified, the better! Businesses love all the extra traffic, the spirited hunters, and spectators can't help but to inquire about what is going on.
While you and your team rally for this years Keg Trophy, check out Pinterest for some fun ideas on team 'Bunny Wear'.
Looking forward to another fun hunt!
Christine, My Big Day
Search our blog
Small Business. Big Impact. Always Dreaming Bigger! We pride ourselves on giving you something to look forward to. We are a connected collective of creatives - owned an opperated by outstanding women.