by Brooke Zeller, My Big Day
Let’s be real, most girls join a sorority to meet new people. Socials are a fun and unique way to meet other greek life members, so obviously for most sororities, socials are high on the list of important events. Coming up with social themes that haven’t been overdone or wore out can be a huge challenge. My Big Day has come up with a list of 5 sorority social themes to help your planning process run a little more smoothly.
1. 80’s Workout- Sure, we’ve all been to 80’s parties before, but this is an 80’s party with a twist…literally. Break out your neon leotards and scrunchies and put in an old VHS workout DVD. Not only will this fulfill your social goals, but it will boost your physical ones as well.
2. Mad Hatter- Show off your favorite (or most ridiculous) hat by hosting an Alice in Wonderland tea party. Everyone can munch on pastel colored mini cakes and tea while entering contests like tallest hat, best hat, and ugliest hat.
3. Geeks and Gangsters- See who can count cards the best and make the most monopoly money with a casino themed social in which everyone has to dress as either a geek or a gangster. Set up a couple tables including Blackjack and Texas Hold ‘Em so people have several options to choose from.
4. Pajama Jam- This is a great social idea for finals or midterms because it’s comfortable and easy going. Wear your favorite pajamas and watch the latest blockbuster while cuddling up with popcorn and pillows.
5. Draft A Date- Put a spin on the classic date dash in which sororities have a certain amount of time to find a date by making it an army themed party. The more camouflage, the better!
By putting a little twist on classic party themes, your socials can feel fresh and creative!
Search our blog
Small Business. Big Impact. Always Dreaming Bigger! We pride ourselves on giving you something to look forward to. We are a connected collective of creatives - owned an opperated by outstanding women.
Never miss an event or opportunity. Sign up for our newsletter!