Let's face it... weddings can be expensive.
From the gown, to the food, to the venue, to the photography, to the flowers... every detail costs money.
If you aren't properly prepared, you can be in for quite a shock. Many websites offer budgeting spreadsheets to help couples plan for their BIG DAY.
Unfortunately most of them don't add line items for all the miscellaneous things that can pop up, or aren't obvious on your contracts.
My Big Day has come up with a list of items that you may want to consider budgeting for when planning your Big Day. Not all items are necessary, but they should certainly all be considered. This way, you'll be able to breathe easy knowing you planned for anything unexpected.
My Big Day urges fellow partiers to stay safe this New Year's Eve.
If you don't have a designated driver, please print the list of local car services in Northern Colorado, so you can get a ride home!
My Big Day will provide this list at our annual New Year's Eve party. But if you are heading to another NYE party in Northern Colorado and don't have a DD, this list could be your best friend!
* 3 Cheers for HeidiTown, who always parties safe! Their preferred car service: Sapphire Car Service!
My Big Day follows a number of event sites and wedding blogs to keep up on the latest trends. One trend (or common theme) that just isn't going away is friend envy.
If you've ever had a BIG DAY or life event centered around you, perhaps you have experienced this sad phenomenon. It's said that those closest to you can hurt you the most. We see this time and time again... someone gets engaged, has a baby, gets a work promotion, etc... and all of the sudden ONE of your friends acts out. They are rude, try to one-up you, ruin a surprise, or just spoil something for you.
Who needs a friend like that?!? Not you.
The photo below is the best visual I've seen in a while of a friend showing her lack of support for her 3 close girlfriends who all got engaged. Funny, yes. But also hurtful.
As an event planner for 16+ years, I've personally seen lots of bridesmaids gone bad, mothers who ruin surprises, family members who can't control themselves or set aside past issues for ONE day of celebrating their loved one/s, co-workers stealing thunder, exes showing up unannounced, the list goes on...
We even experience it as owners of a small business. There will always be people in your life who love and support you, and then there are the rare few who don't like to see you succeed.
When you hire My Big Day Events, you are hiring your own, personal advocate. Our #1 job is to make your BIG DAY the most memorable day of your life, and to help buffer those with friend envy from ruining your moment.
A day or two after Christmas My Big Day starts to receive a flurry of phone calls, emails and website hits... folks are trying to figure out what to do for New Year's Eve.
My Big Day hosts an annual New Year's Eve Party that moves around, and has a different theme every year.
However, we are not the only party in town.
Find something to suit your NYE party style! We found fabulous parties in Loveland, Greeley, Johnstown, Fort Collins, and Estes Park!
Check out the list we compiled with the many ways to ring in the new year in Northern Colorado.
New Year's Eve To Do's in N. Colorado 2013/2014:
Tuxedo Rentals, Ball Gowns and Masks!
We have received a number of questions about attire for this year's New Year's Eve party.
If you haven't found your tux or dress yet, it's time to go shopping! You have 13 days to find that perfect mask or outfit... and a mask!
Here is some helpful info for our guests:
My Big Day has an agreement with Wed Wisely in Loveland, CO for tuxedo rental discounts.
Please schedule a time to get your measurements taken, and to pick out your tux ASAP.
Tux rentals with our discount will range from $50 - $100. To receive YOUR discount, contact My Big Day!
Wed Wisely also offers a beautiful variety of ball gowns!
You may also want to check out Serenity in Loveland, Encore Bridal in Fort Collins, Dora Grace in Fort Collins, and the Blushing Bride in Windsor.
Masks are required for entry. Should you be looking for a unique mask, or if you are in to DIY... here are some options: Life of the Party in Fort Collins, Party City in Fort Collins, JoAnn Fabric in Loveland, Michaels in Fort Collins, or EBAY!
-My Big Day
My Big Day Events on Pinterest
A big, chocolate-covered thank you to all our Pinterest and Blog followers!
Our Pinterest page, and blog posts have been blowing up!
We're happy to know that our social media has taken off.
Keep following My Big Day for more on:
MUST-Ask Questions for Your Event Venue!
My Big Day realizes that when planning an event, you often have many venues to choose from! When interviewing a venue, we can often forget to ask enough questions, or the same questions from each venue.
Below you'll find a list of all the questions you'll need when interviewing your potential event space.
Should you need a customized spreadsheet to help you with all the items that are a priority to YOU, just CONTACT US!
Feel free to download our helpful list of questions below.
Alternative Bachelorette Party Ideas
My Big Day LOVES bachelorettes and loves to party! Some traditional bachelor and bachelorette party ideas seem tired and a little 'been there, done that.'
Try switching things up a bit and look for fun group activities that a tad un-traditional.
Check out the list below and find a party idea that's right for you and your friends. And if you really need help, contact My Big Day and let us plan the party for you!
Whether you are planning a corporate event, a baby shower, a bridal shower, a birthday party, or a wedding... you have a number of vendors out there to choose from. How to you pick?
While referrals are great, how to you widen your options, and easily narrow down the vendors who you'll trust to pull your event off with grace?
You do your research
You ask them carefully prepared questions
You go with your gut!
Here Are The Top 10 Things You Should Consider When Interviewing Vendors:
1. Will the vendor commit to your budget and not push you in the direction of things you simply can't afford?
2. Will the vendor pay attention to the smallest of details? Are they prompt and articulate? (You can gage these things by their promptness in returning phone calls and emails, showing up for your meetings early or on time, and by giving you more information that you even asked for)
3. Can the vendor give you thoughtful and original ideas, showing that they are not only invested in their industry, but experienced?
4. Is the vendor familiar with multiple florists, photographers, caterers, planners, bands, and DJs in your price range? Can he/she explain their strongpoints to you briefly?
5. Can the vendor score you some discounts with any other vendors, help you negotiate pricing, or in the least, speak of general pricing for other vendors in the industry to help you with your negotiations?
6. Is the vendor legit? Do they have a website, a Facebook page, a Pinterest page, etc? Can you find reviews about their company online? Can they give you a list of referrals?
7. Can the vendor counsel you on industry etiquette matters and speak to hot trends on the horizon?
8. For the day of the event, can the vendor commit to working with only YOU (not juggling multiple clients)?
9. Will the vendor act as your advocate, conveying your visions and desires to others when you don't feel up to the task?
10. PASSION. Does the vendor have it? If you ask them about their favorite part of their job, do their eyes light up? If you ask them to tell you about why they got into the industry, do they have a compelling story they love to tell? If they can’t tell you why they love their job, will they put passion into your Big Day? Probably not.
Note: A professional should have plenty of questions for YOU too. They should easily be able to determine your wishes, needs, level of maintenance, budget, scope of imagination, and more!
Search our blog
Making Business Personal. We pride ourselves on giving you something to look forward to. We are a connected collective of creatives - owned an operated by outstanding women.
Never miss an event or opportunity. Sign up for our newsletter!
*All content produced by My Big Day; DBA Big Deal Company, including websites, are the property of My Big Day LLC and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, create derivative works, or in any other way exploit any part of our materials without the prior written permission from My Big Day LLC.