One of these signature events is the annual 'Easter Keg Hunt.' The Easter Keg Hunt is a public scavenger hunt for adults, held in Old Town Fort Collins. Teams register to play in groups of 6-9. Prior to the event they are given a team color and a list of 'tools' to bring, which will help them solve clues. Teams show off their Easter spirit with wild costumes on the day of the event.
At kick-off teams are given their first Easter egg, which contains their first clue to a business on the scavenger hunt route. Once they make it to that business, they are given another egg with another clue. Stops along the route include dares, challenges, and some drinking! The final clue leads teams to a restaurant where we toast the winning team and share stories.
This is a first for My Big Day! We sell out of our events often, but never has it happened in less than 24 hours from when tickets went on sale. We are so honored that in our 6th year of this event, we have created so much demand!
On April 19th we will have more than 100 players running around Old Town Fort Collins, hunting for eggs, and the ultimate prize, The Easter Keg! This is more players than we have ever had before!
Due to the growing size of this event, we have now partnered with Avogadros Number in Fort Collins to be our new 'kick-off' location. We will also have 3 photographers on hand to photograph the craziness of this event. This year we've also partnered with NoCo Short Bus Tours to offer safe transportation home for our teams and players.
Lastly, My Big Day is giving a portion of all proceeds from this event to one of our favorite animal shelters, Denkai Animal Sanctuary.
Thank you for all of your support!
Our events continue to grow, and we love you for that!
If you are a business, or work for a company looking for fun activities for your next company party, contact My Big Day!
My Big Day urges fellow partiers to stay safe this New Year's Eve.
If you don't have a designated driver, please print the list of local car services in Northern Colorado, so you can get a ride home!
My Big Day will provide this list at our annual New Year's Eve party. But if you are heading to another NYE party in Northern Colorado and don't have a DD, this list could be your best friend!
It's official, the My Big Day party, "Slash-back to the 80's" has been voted as one of the HOTTEST Halloween parties happening in Northern Colorado!
Spread the word, and buy your tickets... or maybe do that in reverse!
See this event listed on Zvents website, were the annual Massacre on Mahogany event team was voted as hosting the hottest party in Fort Collins this Halloween!
CLICK HERE for the listing.
"Slash-back to the 80's" will be a bash to remember!
Purchase tickets HERE!
It took a while, but we finally posted video from this year's Sloshball Tournament! While the video came out a bit fuzzy and unclear, it's nice to have an idea of what the game really looks like.
We hope to take even more video in years to come, and at more events! And invest in some nice video editing software!
The video can be found on our website: CLICK HERE
or on YouTube: CLICK HERE
This year My Big Day is taking the Sloshball Tournament to a higher level. Next week you'll be able to view photos taken by our photographer, ACS Photography, and view videos of the Sloshball Tournament on You Tube!
Thanks to modern technology and some new helping hands at our events, you'll be able to see what My Big Day events are all about!
Thanks to our partners below!
Sloshball is officially SOLD OUT!
If you had intentions of registering for yourself or a team, please contact My Big Day so potential arrangements can be made.
CLICK HERE to contact us.
It's time to brush up on your Sloshball Rules for next Saturday's game! These rules have been created and carried out by My Big Day llc for the past 6 years.
If you haven't signed up to play, be sure to register HERE!
Northern Colorado SloshBall Rules
1) Each team is comprised of roughly 10 -15 players. No 'catcher' is necessary.
2) There are 2 kegs on the field at all times; one at 2nd base and one at home plate.
3) All players both on the field and 'at bat' MUST have a beer in their hand at all times! Fielders may not drop their beer in order to make a play. If a kicker believes that a fielder is playing with an empty cup, the kicker may call a beer check on the fielder. If their cup is empty they must refill and drink. If a fielder makes an out with an empty cup, the runner is safe!
4) Each team elects one of their own players to PITCH TO THEM, thus avoiding conflicts over "bad pitches." Each player gets no more than 3 pitches, regardless of how bad the pitch is.
5) Every player that reaches and stays at 2nd base MUST finish the beer in their cup, then refill while on base. Failure to finish and refill results in an automatic out.
6) The ball is pitched and the receiving team kicks. The bases must be run BACKWARDS (3rd to 1st).
7) Any time a player kicks a HOME RUN - play is halted and his/her entire team is invited to join him/her at 2nd base for a toast. This is known as a "team social."
8) All ties go to the runner. If the call is extremely close, the dispute can be settled by The Commissioner. The Commissioner reserves the right to call for a "Dispute Chug Off" where the dispute is settled at 2nd base by the two players involved.
9) A SloshBall game runs for 45 minutes TOTAL. The home gets to finish out their 'at bat' once time is called.
10) A team must get 3 outs in the field. An 'out' can be made by 1-catching the ball in the air (with your beer in hand), 2-fielding the ball and hitting any runner with it (with your beer in hand), 3-fielding the ball and throwing it to a base where there is a forced out (again with beers in hand), or 4-a 'strike out' (you really suck if you can't kick the ball after 3 pitches!)
11) If at the end of the 45 minute game time there is a tie - additional innings are played one at a time until there is a winning team.
12) The 'home team' is decided by a coin-toss at the beginning of the game.
No one quite knows the history of Sloshball. It is played across the country and has a variety of published rules. My Big Day Events first played Sloshball in Denver, CO. It was a thrown together game, an open field, and no set rules. My Big Day did some research and found that Sloshball did exist, but there was no formality behind it. We created our own rules, tournament, etc... and today My Big Day's published rules are those other groups follow when starting their own leagues and teams across the country!
Published rules established by My Big Day Events can be found HERE. These are the most commonly used rules found in America to date.
As most of you know, this year's Colorado Sloshball theme is "Camouflage Kickball", meaning that you can dress any way you like, just as long as your outfit is camo themed!
Below are some ideas I plucked off of the internet to give you some costume inspiration....
Search our blog
Making Business Personal. We pride ourselves on giving you something to look forward to. We are a connected collective of creatives - owned an operated by outstanding women.
Never miss an event or opportunity. Sign up for our newsletter!
*All content produced by My Big Day; DBA Big Deal Company, including websites, are the property of My Big Day LLC and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, create derivative works, or in any other way exploit any part of our materials without the prior written permission from My Big Day LLC.