Our photography friend, 2M Photography captured some amazing photos of our event rentals. Our client and mom to be, Heather, has a beautiful shower hosted by her mom and sister. They asked My Big Day to decorate, provide serving dishes, and fun baby games. B.Sweet.Cupcakes in Loveland provided the delicious cupcakes.
Thank you, Vikki (mom), for thinking of us and allowing us to assist in your special day!
The reception was help at the park pavilion. Table were names with their favorite stadiums, and decorated with baseballs, sunflowers, and of course - Cracker Jacks! Guests signed homeplate as the guest book. The snack bar was filled with peanuts and pretzels, and the caterer, Common Link, hosted a smorgasbord of baseball themed gourmet food!
The day was simply perfect --- filled with joy and surprises!
My Big Day was honored to be the wedding planners for such a special day. And you know we love a theme!
by Brooke Zeller, My Big Day
Let’s be real, most girls join a sorority to meet new people. Socials are a fun and unique way to meet other greek life members, so obviously for most sororities, socials are high on the list of important events. Coming up with social themes that haven’t been overdone or wore out can be a huge challenge. My Big Day has come up with a list of 5 sorority social themes to help your planning process run a little more smoothly.
1. 80’s Workout- Sure, we’ve all been to 80’s parties before, but this is an 80’s party with a twist…literally. Break out your neon leotards and scrunchies and put in an old VHS workout DVD. Not only will this fulfill your social goals, but it will boost your physical ones as well.
2. Mad Hatter- Show off your favorite (or most ridiculous) hat by hosting an Alice in Wonderland tea party. Everyone can munch on pastel colored mini cakes and tea while entering contests like tallest hat, best hat, and ugliest hat.
3. Geeks and Gangsters- See who can count cards the best and make the most monopoly money with a casino themed social in which everyone has to dress as either a geek or a gangster. Set up a couple tables including Blackjack and Texas Hold ‘Em so people have several options to choose from.
4. Pajama Jam- This is a great social idea for finals or midterms because it’s comfortable and easy going. Wear your favorite pajamas and watch the latest blockbuster while cuddling up with popcorn and pillows.
5. Draft A Date- Put a spin on the classic date dash in which sororities have a certain amount of time to find a date by making it an army themed party. The more camouflage, the better!
By putting a little twist on classic party themes, your socials can feel fresh and creative!
These are a few of our favorite things!
But what most of our clients look to us for is vendor recommendations. A good event planner knows who and where to find the right service that suits what you are looking for. And when they find a venue, vendor, or valuable contact - they refer them!
Visit our "Favorite Things" page on our website to find a list of places, people and things we love!
And if you think someone or someplace is missing, let us know. We love meeting new people too!
CLICK HERE to visit our "Favorite Things"
Let's face it... weddings can be expensive.
From the gown, to the food, to the venue, to the photography, to the flowers... every detail costs money.
If you aren't properly prepared, you can be in for quite a shock. Many websites offer budgeting spreadsheets to help couples plan for their BIG DAY.
Unfortunately most of them don't add line items for all the miscellaneous things that can pop up, or aren't obvious on your contracts.
My Big Day has come up with a list of items that you may want to consider budgeting for when planning your Big Day. Not all items are necessary, but they should certainly all be considered. This way, you'll be able to breathe easy knowing you planned for anything unexpected.
WOW! What an AMAZING New Year's Party!
Thank you for all the extremely spirited people who made the night everything we'd hoped it would be!
My Big Day must thank the following businesses for making our night spectacular:
"Glitter Kisses" were a HUGE hit!
Our birthday girl was completely SURPRISED!
Our guests ROCKED our games!
More photos are posted HERE
Nothing says 'Merry Christmas' like seeing houses lit up around your neighborhood, and on the streets in the city you live in.
Loveland has the holiday spirit and with our luke-warm start to winter, many homes spent extra effort putting up extravagant lights this year!
NoCo Short Bus Tours is offering a few different tours to suit your taste! Make it a family event with hot chocolate, or more of an adult tour with stops at local Loveland breweries! Check out the Light/Brewery tours with NoCo Short Bus by CLICKING HERE!
My Big Day has personally taken a tour with the NoCo Short Bus, and they are MY BIG DAY approved!
A big, chocolate-covered thank you to all our Pinterest and Blog followers!
Our Pinterest page, and blog posts have been blowing up!
We're happy to know that our social media has taken off.
Keep following My Big Day for more on:
We love a theme. Every party needs one, every event deserves one. Follow us on our journey down the path of creative party planning & exceptional events!