For more event inspiration, follow My Big Day on Pinterest: CLICK HERE
And to hire your very own event planner, CONTACT US!
-- Event Entrance to the Exclusive Top Level Party
-- 2 Drink Tickets Per Person
-- Costume Contest & Prizes
-- Discounted Bar Prices: Happy Hour Pricing ALL NIGHT!
-- Signature Cocktails
-- Free Appetizer and Sodas for DD's
-- Discount at Life of the Party Costume Shop
-- A donation to our chosen non-profit, Partners Mentoring Youth
The place to be this Halloween in Old Town! This is not your next-door neighbor's house party... and this is not a teenagers club night.
This IS the perfect party for adults looking for a night out!
The My Big Day team recently interviewed Taylor with Pelican Lakes and Water Valley, Windsor's event center, wedding site and golf course.
Whether you picture an indoor or outdoor reception Pelican Lakes can accommodate your dream. Looking for a beach wedding in the mountains? The two are hard to find, but there is a sandy beach and small island, suitable for wedding vows in front of your guests (up to 180 people).
by Brooke Zeller, My Big Day
Let’s be real, most girls join a sorority to meet new people. Socials are a fun and unique way to meet other greek life members, so obviously for most sororities, socials are high on the list of important events. Coming up with social themes that haven’t been overdone or wore out can be a huge challenge. My Big Day has come up with a list of 5 sorority social themes to help your planning process run a little more smoothly.
1. 80’s Workout- Sure, we’ve all been to 80’s parties before, but this is an 80’s party with a twist…literally. Break out your neon leotards and scrunchies and put in an old VHS workout DVD. Not only will this fulfill your social goals, but it will boost your physical ones as well.
2. Mad Hatter- Show off your favorite (or most ridiculous) hat by hosting an Alice in Wonderland tea party. Everyone can munch on pastel colored mini cakes and tea while entering contests like tallest hat, best hat, and ugliest hat.
3. Geeks and Gangsters- See who can count cards the best and make the most monopoly money with a casino themed social in which everyone has to dress as either a geek or a gangster. Set up a couple tables including Blackjack and Texas Hold ‘Em so people have several options to choose from.
4. Pajama Jam- This is a great social idea for finals or midterms because it’s comfortable and easy going. Wear your favorite pajamas and watch the latest blockbuster while cuddling up with popcorn and pillows.
5. Draft A Date- Put a spin on the classic date dash in which sororities have a certain amount of time to find a date by making it an army themed party. The more camouflage, the better!
By putting a little twist on classic party themes, your socials can feel fresh and creative!
Recently My Big Day visited the Kress Cinema Lounge to learn more about their event space for our clients. The owners, Ron & Linde Thompson have done a great job making this space in historic downtown Greeley a desirable place to host a party, or to go for a fun date night out!
As an event rental option, the Kress Cinema Lounge offers multiple spaces broken out into rentals: the Fireplace Lounge, The Art Deco Bar, and the Theatre. You can also rent the entire facility by hour, by half day, or for the entire day. The entire space can hold up to 300 people.
In our opinion the rental rate is affordable, and the space is unique and fun! My Big Day has assisted with a holiday party at this location, and the staff was very accommodating. If you are researching venues for your next birthday party, holiday party, company event, shower or wedding, we highly recommend the Kress Cinema Lounge!
Search our blog
Small Business. Big Impact. Always Dreaming Bigger! We pride ourselves on giving you something to look forward to. We are a connected collective of creatives - owned an opperated by outstanding women.