5 Fun Fall- Inspired Cocktails
Northern Colorado’s weather is cooling off, and that has us in the mood for fall-inspired cocktails ideal for a wintry wedding or a fun Friendsgiving. We wrote a blog for our friends at On the Rocks and wanted to share it here as well!
Try the recipes below from two of our favorite regional partners – master alcohol deliverers Wilbur’s Total Beverage and vodka connoisseurs Spring44 Distilling.
Mulled Wine from Wilbur’s Total Beverage
Fun fact: This cold-weather classic drink dates back to the Roman Empire.
1. Combine ingredients. Add wine, orange slices, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, honey, and any add-ins to a large saucepan or slow cooker. Stir to combine.
2. Stovetop: Cook the mulled wine on medium-high heat until it just barely reaches a simmer (do not boil – you do not want to cook off the alcohol). Reduce heat to low, cover, and let the wine simmer for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
Slow cooker: Heat on low for about an hour until hot, and then reduce heat to warm until ready to serve.
3. Using a fine mesh strainer, remove and discard the used orange slices and spices. Give the mulled wine a taste, and stir in extra sweetener if needed.
4. Serve warm in heatproof mugs, garnish with orange rounds, cinnamon sticks, and star anise.
Spring 44’s Spiced Pear Martini
A rich cocktail for a formal fall get-together, with pear, almond, and cardamom.
To make, combine:
Grand Old Fashioned by Wilbur’s Total Beverage
This version of the traditional, elegant drink incorporates subtle flavors like orange oil to balance bitter and sweet flavors.
Combine aromatic bitters, Grand Marnier, and whiskey in an old fashioned glass. Add large ice cube and stir until cold and well incorporated. Garnish with orange twist, expressing oils over glass rim.
Boozy Chai from Spring44 Distilling
The warm spices of chai evoke the coziness of fall: cardamom, clove, ginger, and black pepper. Booze it up with some Spring44 Vodka, add a splash of cream and you've created a sipping dessert.
To make, combine:
Apple Bees Knees Cocktail
A seasonal twist on a classic gin cocktail.
For the honey syrup:
For the cocktail:
1. To make syrup, place water, honey, and rosemary in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let steep for 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature before using. Remaining syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
2. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice add in, lemon juice, apple juice, and honey syrup. Shake to combine and strain into a glass. Garnish with rosemary and apple slices.
Shop local and celebrate the season at your next event or date night in with these warm, nostalgic signature cocktails. For more cocktail recipes, check out our list of eight local-inspired signature cocktails for all seasons.
Let us help you brainstorm signature cocktails for your next event when you partner with MY BIG DAY or book with On the Rocks.
Comments are closed.
Search our blog
Making Business Personal. We pride ourselves on giving you something to look forward to. We are a connected collective of creatives - owned an operated by outstanding women.
Never miss an event or opportunity. Sign up for our newsletter!
*All content produced by My Big Day; DBA Big Deal Company, including websites, are the property of My Big Day LLC and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, create derivative works, or in any other way exploit any part of our materials without the prior written permission from My Big Day LLC.