Looking for that needle in a haystack for your meeting or event? A good, affordable, flexible, centrally located venue is hard to find!
My Big Day receives requests from friends, clients and complete strangers weekly to pass on our 'little known secret' venues.
While we can't promise any of our favorite venues are secret, we can say that the places below do meet much of our commonly requested criteria.
Check out our recommended venues in Northern Colorado below.
And... to pull your event off without a hitch, consider hiring an event planner!
A day or two after Christmas My Big Day starts to receive a flurry of phone calls, emails and website hits... folks are trying to figure out what to do for New Year's Eve.
My Big Day hosts an annual New Year's Eve Party that moves around, and has a different theme every year.
However, we are not the only party in town.
Find something to suit your NYE party style! We found fabulous parties in Loveland, Greeley, Johnstown, Fort Collins, and Estes Park!
Check out the list we compiled with the many ways to ring in the new year in Northern Colorado.
New Year's Eve To Do's in N. Colorado 2013/2014:
If you haven't heard about this year's HOTTEST New Year's Eve party in Northern Colorado, where have you been?
We have attendees coming from all over the state! (Windsor, Greeley, Loveland, Fort Collins, Denver, etc...) Our 2012 party (Festivus) made quite an impression.
But we're ready to RING IN the New Year in 2013 and party in style with a Masquerade Ball!
Make your 2014 resolution a first... resolve to celebrate with My Big Day Events in formal attire. You'll thank us on January 1st!
Tickets are 50% sold out as of 12/17/13. Knowing that 75% of New Year's Eve plans are made within the week prior to the event, we are pacing ahead.... which means THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT!
Contact My Big Day today, to purchase your tickets!
A big, chocolate-covered thank you to all our Pinterest and Blog followers!
Our Pinterest page, and blog posts have been blowing up!
We're happy to know that our social media has taken off.
Keep following My Big Day for more on:
The Huffington Post recently published an article called, "9 Things Extremely Successful People Do After Work."
Studies have been done and the most successful people don't go home and turn on the TV, or climb into their pajamas... they unplug by doing a number of things.
Of these 9 things, we found that My Big Day annual events go hand in hand with most of the things successful people do to unplug. So, if you're not partying with My Big Day... you should be! It may increase your success!
9 Things Highly Successful People Do After Work:
Whether you are planning a corporate event, a baby shower, a bridal shower, a birthday party, or a wedding... you have a number of vendors out there to choose from. How to you pick?
While referrals are great, how to you widen your options, and easily narrow down the vendors who you'll trust to pull your event off with grace?
You do your research
You ask them carefully prepared questions
You go with your gut!
Here Are The Top 10 Things You Should Consider When Interviewing Vendors:
1. Will the vendor commit to your budget and not push you in the direction of things you simply can't afford?
2. Will the vendor pay attention to the smallest of details? Are they prompt and articulate? (You can gage these things by their promptness in returning phone calls and emails, showing up for your meetings early or on time, and by giving you more information that you even asked for)
3. Can the vendor give you thoughtful and original ideas, showing that they are not only invested in their industry, but experienced?
4. Is the vendor familiar with multiple florists, photographers, caterers, planners, bands, and DJs in your price range? Can he/she explain their strongpoints to you briefly?
5. Can the vendor score you some discounts with any other vendors, help you negotiate pricing, or in the least, speak of general pricing for other vendors in the industry to help you with your negotiations?
6. Is the vendor legit? Do they have a website, a Facebook page, a Pinterest page, etc? Can you find reviews about their company online? Can they give you a list of referrals?
7. Can the vendor counsel you on industry etiquette matters and speak to hot trends on the horizon?
8. For the day of the event, can the vendor commit to working with only YOU (not juggling multiple clients)?
9. Will the vendor act as your advocate, conveying your visions and desires to others when you don't feel up to the task?
10. PASSION. Does the vendor have it? If you ask them about their favorite part of their job, do their eyes light up? If you ask them to tell you about why they got into the industry, do they have a compelling story they love to tell? If they can’t tell you why they love their job, will they put passion into your Big Day? Probably not.
Note: A professional should have plenty of questions for YOU too. They should easily be able to determine your wishes, needs, level of maintenance, budget, scope of imagination, and more!
My Big Day has thought of writing this article for quite some time... but Colorado Come to Life beat us to it! So, we are cross-posting their clever idea!
Take a look at their top 14 places to steal a kiss in Colorado!
My Big Day will be sure to do a follow-up with more of OUR favorite places to steal a kiss!
Being a party planner, one of the issues that commonly comes up is how to get people home safely. While it is not my responsibility, ultimately providing resources to party guests is the smart thing to do.
My Big Day Events has partnered with a number of taxi companies and car services. We list these options with every event we host. Below is a list of those companies we recommend.
Save $10 at Arc Thrift Stores Today, 10/25!
As if the bargains weren’t already good enough, Arc Thrift Stores are offering $10 off a purchase of $30 or more!
The discount is only valid today, Friday, October 25 with this printable coupon. There is a limit of one coupon per purchase.
A fantastic place to find that unique treasure of a costume for tomorrow night!
CLICK HERE for the printable coupon.
For loyal My Big Day followers, we are posting the spectacular drink specials you'll find at this year's Halloween Party!
Be sure to spread the word. This is a party you will not want to miss!
Purchase your tickets HERE
We love a theme. Every party needs one, every event deserves one. Follow us on our journey down the path of creative party planning & exceptional events!