These are a few of our favorite things!
But what most of our clients look to us for is vendor recommendations. A good event planner knows who and where to find the right service that suits what you are looking for. And when they find a venue, vendor, or valuable contact - they refer them!
Visit our "Favorite Things" page on our website to find a list of places, people and things we love!
And if you think someone or someplace is missing, let us know. We love meeting new people too!
CLICK HERE to visit our "Favorite Things"
My Big Day would be crazy not to post about Valentine's Day, since we LOVE love and parties! And we'd also be crazy not to promote the FUN packages we have put together for Valentine's Day. In the 10 years we've lived in Loveland, and 8 years in business, we've always longed for more to do in our great Sweetheart City!
Loveland is not only home of the Valentine's re-mailing program, and streets lined with giant wooden hearts with loving messages... we are the home of Valentine's Day! We take great pride in celebrating love.
With our friends, Heidi from Heiditown and Mechelle from NoCo Short Bus Tours, we decided to put together packages that celebrate Valentine's Day and all our city has to offer.
A BIG thank you to the Fort Collins Coloradoan newspaper for their article on Saturday.
My Big Day's owner, Christine Forster was featured as their 'Young Professional' on the front page of the business section.
You can read the article about the My Big Day event planner HERE
WOW! What an AMAZING New Year's Party!
Thank you for all the extremely spirited people who made the night everything we'd hoped it would be!
My Big Day must thank the following businesses for making our night spectacular:
"Glitter Kisses" were a HUGE hit!
Our birthday girl was completely SURPRISED!
Our guests ROCKED our games!
More photos are posted HERE
If you haven't heard about this year's HOTTEST New Year's Eve party in Northern Colorado, where have you been?
We have attendees coming from all over the state! (Windsor, Greeley, Loveland, Fort Collins, Denver, etc...) Our 2012 party (Festivus) made quite an impression.
But we're ready to RING IN the New Year in 2013 and party in style with a Masquerade Ball!
Make your 2014 resolution a first... resolve to celebrate with My Big Day Events in formal attire. You'll thank us on January 1st!
Tickets are 50% sold out as of 12/17/13. Knowing that 75% of New Year's Eve plans are made within the week prior to the event, we are pacing ahead.... which means THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT!
Contact My Big Day today, to purchase your tickets!
A big, chocolate-covered thank you to all our Pinterest and Blog followers!
Our Pinterest page, and blog posts have been blowing up!
We're happy to know that our social media has taken off.
Keep following My Big Day for more on:
Whether you are planning a corporate event, a baby shower, a bridal shower, a birthday party, or a wedding... you have a number of vendors out there to choose from. How to you pick?
While referrals are great, how to you widen your options, and easily narrow down the vendors who you'll trust to pull your event off with grace?
You do your research
You ask them carefully prepared questions
You go with your gut!
Here Are The Top 10 Things You Should Consider When Interviewing Vendors:
1. Will the vendor commit to your budget and not push you in the direction of things you simply can't afford?
2. Will the vendor pay attention to the smallest of details? Are they prompt and articulate? (You can gage these things by their promptness in returning phone calls and emails, showing up for your meetings early or on time, and by giving you more information that you even asked for)
3. Can the vendor give you thoughtful and original ideas, showing that they are not only invested in their industry, but experienced?
4. Is the vendor familiar with multiple florists, photographers, caterers, planners, bands, and DJs in your price range? Can he/she explain their strongpoints to you briefly?
5. Can the vendor score you some discounts with any other vendors, help you negotiate pricing, or in the least, speak of general pricing for other vendors in the industry to help you with your negotiations?
6. Is the vendor legit? Do they have a website, a Facebook page, a Pinterest page, etc? Can you find reviews about their company online? Can they give you a list of referrals?
7. Can the vendor counsel you on industry etiquette matters and speak to hot trends on the horizon?
8. For the day of the event, can the vendor commit to working with only YOU (not juggling multiple clients)?
9. Will the vendor act as your advocate, conveying your visions and desires to others when you don't feel up to the task?
10. PASSION. Does the vendor have it? If you ask them about their favorite part of their job, do their eyes light up? If you ask them to tell you about why they got into the industry, do they have a compelling story they love to tell? If they can’t tell you why they love their job, will they put passion into your Big Day? Probably not.
Note: A professional should have plenty of questions for YOU too. They should easily be able to determine your wishes, needs, level of maintenance, budget, scope of imagination, and more!
Have you seen this yet? Everyone is buzzing about it! Crest and Oral-B came up with a hilariously honest video demonstrating how kids feel about Halloween candy.
The kids in this video were only told that they would be the first ones to try brand-new Halloween treats.
What happens on film is pure magic!
A Loveland bridal store that has given away hundreds of dresses in the past two years will do it again this Sunday, 10/20/13.
Loveland Wedding Center, formerly Wed Wisely, has set its third annual giveaway for 1-6 p.m. Sunday at the shop, 680 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
My Big Day is a BIG fan of Dianne, owner of the Loveland Wedding Center. She is a fantastic seamstress, and even altered the dress of Christine Kovacs on her wedding day.
If you know of someone deserving of a dress, who could otherwise not afford it for their BIG DAY, contact Dianne. Here is a link to the Reporter Herald Article: CLICK HERE
Search our blog
Making Business Personal. We pride ourselves on giving you something to look forward to. We are a connected collective of creatives - owned an operated by outstanding women.
Never miss an event or opportunity. Sign up for our newsletter!
*All content produced by My Big Day; DBA Big Deal Company, including websites, are the property of My Big Day LLC and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, create derivative works, or in any other way exploit any part of our materials without the prior written permission from My Big Day LLC.