Recently My Big Day visited the Kress Cinema Lounge to learn more about their event space for our clients. The owners, Ron & Linde Thompson have done a great job making this space in historic downtown Greeley a desirable place to host a party, or to go for a fun date night out!
As an event rental option, the Kress Cinema Lounge offers multiple spaces broken out into rentals: the Fireplace Lounge, The Art Deco Bar, and the Theatre. You can also rent the entire facility by hour, by half day, or for the entire day. The entire space can hold up to 300 people.
In our opinion the rental rate is affordable, and the space is unique and fun! My Big Day has assisted with a holiday party at this location, and the staff was very accommodating. If you are researching venues for your next birthday party, holiday party, company event, shower or wedding, we highly recommend the Kress Cinema Lounge!
No event – no matter how well-planned and well-run – is immune to the occasional crisis or disaster.
My Big Day believes a good event planner will be able to think on his or her feet for the small stuff, and have a solid crisis plan in place for dealing with the biggies. You can’t possibly expect to plan for every type of crisis, but a little advance planning will go a long way to ensure that you can handle whatever comes your way!
If you are well prepared, chances are you won't need the Plan B. But that one time when everything goes wrong, you'll be glad you were prepared!
-My Big Day
One of these signature events is the annual 'Easter Keg Hunt.' The Easter Keg Hunt is a public scavenger hunt for adults, held in Old Town Fort Collins. Teams register to play in groups of 6-9. Prior to the event they are given a team color and a list of 'tools' to bring, which will help them solve clues. Teams show off their Easter spirit with wild costumes on the day of the event.
At kick-off teams are given their first Easter egg, which contains their first clue to a business on the scavenger hunt route. Once they make it to that business, they are given another egg with another clue. Stops along the route include dares, challenges, and some drinking! The final clue leads teams to a restaurant where we toast the winning team and share stories.
Their tagline is, "Scooterhinge, A Nostalgic Rental Hall." But this venue in Mead, Colorado is more than nostalgic. It's eclectic, it's strange... it's downright a museum of the odd and unusual!
The My Big Day team went on a site visit of Scooterhinge to get an idea of what future signature events might makes sense in this space. We also receive requests for affordable event spaces where clients have the option to bring their own caterer and alcohol. This place offers all of that and more! So we wanted to get a feel of what this venue is all about before we make referrals to our clients.
Located between Loveland and Longmont, Mead is a town of less than 4,000 people. The owner of Scooterhinge is a collector of sorts. He purchased this building and started bringing in his collectibles (old motorcycles, classic cars, vintage dolls, nostalgic toys, the list goes on.)
These are a few of our favorite things!
But what most of our clients look to us for is vendor recommendations. A good event planner knows who and where to find the right service that suits what you are looking for. And when they find a venue, vendor, or valuable contact - they refer them!
Visit our "Favorite Things" page on our website to find a list of places, people and things we love!
And if you think someone or someplace is missing, let us know. We love meeting new people too!
CLICK HERE to visit our "Favorite Things"
Looking for that needle in a haystack for your meeting or event? A good, affordable, flexible, centrally located venue is hard to find!
My Big Day receives requests from friends, clients and complete strangers weekly to pass on our 'little known secret' venues.
While we can't promise any of our favorite venues are secret, we can say that the places below do meet much of our commonly requested criteria.
Check out our recommended venues in Northern Colorado below.
And... to pull your event off without a hitch, consider hiring an event planner!
WOW! What an AMAZING New Year's Party!
Thank you for all the extremely spirited people who made the night everything we'd hoped it would be!
My Big Day must thank the following businesses for making our night spectacular:
"Glitter Kisses" were a HUGE hit!
Our birthday girl was completely SURPRISED!
Our guests ROCKED our games!
More photos are posted HERE
My Big Day realizes that when planning an event, you often have many venues to choose from! When interviewing a venue, we can often forget to ask enough questions, or the same questions from each venue.
Below you'll find a list of all the questions you'll need when interviewing your potential event space.
Should you need a customized spreadsheet to help you with all the items that are a priority to YOU, just CONTACT US!
Feel free to download our helpful list of questions below.
My Big Day knows what it's like to host a party... or attend a party, and FEEL it the next day!
When hosting a party-- whether it be a bachelor party, bachelorette party, birthday party, New Years Eve party, a wedding, a sporting event, a Halloween party, etc... feel free to use our helpful list of hangover, or post party recovery essentials!
Put together bags or baggies filled with goodies your guest will appreciate the next day.
Or... if you are an avid party participant, pack your own emergency kit and keep it in your travel bag or car!
Below is our helpful list of essentials.
Feel free to download the My Big Day document and take the list with you!
Whether you are planning a corporate event, a baby shower, a bridal shower, a birthday party, or a wedding... you have a number of vendors out there to choose from. How to you pick?
While referrals are great, how to you widen your options, and easily narrow down the vendors who you'll trust to pull your event off with grace?
You do your research
You ask them carefully prepared questions
You go with your gut!
Here Are The Top 10 Things You Should Consider When Interviewing Vendors:
1. Will the vendor commit to your budget and not push you in the direction of things you simply can't afford?
2. Will the vendor pay attention to the smallest of details? Are they prompt and articulate? (You can gage these things by their promptness in returning phone calls and emails, showing up for your meetings early or on time, and by giving you more information that you even asked for)
3. Can the vendor give you thoughtful and original ideas, showing that they are not only invested in their industry, but experienced?
4. Is the vendor familiar with multiple florists, photographers, caterers, planners, bands, and DJs in your price range? Can he/she explain their strongpoints to you briefly?
5. Can the vendor score you some discounts with any other vendors, help you negotiate pricing, or in the least, speak of general pricing for other vendors in the industry to help you with your negotiations?
6. Is the vendor legit? Do they have a website, a Facebook page, a Pinterest page, etc? Can you find reviews about their company online? Can they give you a list of referrals?
7. Can the vendor counsel you on industry etiquette matters and speak to hot trends on the horizon?
8. For the day of the event, can the vendor commit to working with only YOU (not juggling multiple clients)?
9. Will the vendor act as your advocate, conveying your visions and desires to others when you don't feel up to the task?
10. PASSION. Does the vendor have it? If you ask them about their favorite part of their job, do their eyes light up? If you ask them to tell you about why they got into the industry, do they have a compelling story they love to tell? If they can’t tell you why they love their job, will they put passion into your Big Day? Probably not.
Note: A professional should have plenty of questions for YOU too. They should easily be able to determine your wishes, needs, level of maintenance, budget, scope of imagination, and more!
Search our blog
Small Business. Big Impact. Always Dreaming Bigger! We pride ourselves on giving you something to look forward to. We are a connected collective of creatives - owned an opperated by outstanding women.